Saturday 1 August 2015

Life plan? Just do it!

Oh the plans that we plan!

Did you ever wish something was there - some club, some book, something for you, but it wasn't 'there' so things, those things you'd wished for, somehow slipped?

Did you ever want to do something but thought that you'd be on your own, or put down, or fail, or sanctioned for having the gall to stand out from the crowd?

Did you just not do it, not create it, not search for it, not make it happen?

I know where you're coming from. I think there are people who totally believe I'm bold and plough my own path. Okay, they're right to some extent but there are times that I think those slightly bold paths are just a single path with little meanders to the left or right and I really wanted to plough whole fields, jump from furrow peak to furrow peak, run about pressing my footprints into the fresh fallen snow or muddied furrows on winter days or stop to watch a seedling grow from ruts in spring, scatter fruitful seeds, reap new harvests and double plant if I wanted to.

Yes, as that Queen track says 'I want to break free!' Free from my single ploughed path and make wonderfully swirly lanes across the rich loam of my life.

So what am I doing about it? I think the Open University has taken my little hand plough and given me a horse, shire horse of course as I'm based in wonderful Wiltshire. I don't think I want a tractor. No, I want to walk my land of possibilities and feel the soil under my feet, the stones, the small clods and clumps.

But if you think this is all too esoterically metaphoric let me just say that I'm all fired up as I'm doing things in the real world and that I'll post details here when they're finalised. Wonderfully non-metaphorical and practical things that are creative and take the creative lives of others to new places too - even better.
Poems to follow but I have to plough my way to the shops to buy food right now. ;-)

Um, a quick update. Earlier I posted a poem to an online poetry site and amazingly they have not only accepted it but it is published for all the world to see. I will cut-and-paste a link below but can I give a word of warning? It is a very personal poem that is a 'warts and all' reflection of my childhood. Despite being Ms. Bubbly now it won't be easy reading so if you want the happy-clappy me best avoid following this: https://iamnotasilentpoet.wordpress.com/2015/08/01/unlocked-and-got-past-by-karen-barton/

No comments:

Post a Comment