Monday 6 July 2015


Just back from my wonderful holiday at Strete Barton House, leaving the familiar for.... well, more of the familiar to be honest. Its strange how a whole series of coincidences cropped up, from the  decor, books on the shelves, the wooden floors, to the art on the walls. If you're thinking that I chose the holiday and its because I chose it then this is hardly a coincidence, think again. No, this was a present and the person who booked the little break was also totally unaware of any coincidences apart from the similarities of names.

Mind you, they didn't have a half stripped door or other delights of mid-decoration that I have at home, which was a relief.

However, the important question is.... did I write while I was away? Yes I did! I wrote, took photos as visual memory aids and read just a tiny amount too. Sadly I've arrived home to find that my computer memory is almost entirely used up so I've had to post the images to Facebook lest they be forgotten but I'm going to cut-and-paste some here to show you what I'm hoping to use as inspiration over the coming weeks. You could say that the images I've chosen are mundane and you may well be right, but often seemingly mundane things set a whole array of images and associations in my head and these three images did just that.


I've also taken the creation of my book a little further and am beginning to see links and linking devices that I can't wait to share with you. But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Here are my images and if I get the opportunity to post just some of the ubiquitous haiku or other poems later today I will. Right now I'm celebrating other mundane things such as washing clothes and cleaning the house as tonight is the birthday celebration of someone very dear so I am a woman divided.
 ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment