Thursday 2 July 2015

Today I'm writing from Strete Barton in Devon, a totally adorable village that offers endless possibilities for creative inspiration. I'll try to post images later but for now I'll add just a few Haiku efforts penned this evening after walks on the beaches, sitting in the gardens watching bees doing their thing and generally chilling. If you like pebbly beaches where the sand and waves have tumbled the pebbles to smooth semi precious gems, salt lagoons with birds whirling overhead and lovely little cottages with birds nesting in their thatched roofs then this is place is for you.

     Night By The Sea
The red and blue moon
Sliced by sharp waves, floated free
Of its sky born twin


     Swallows
Small arrows whirling,
Calling, flit past our heads as
Evening falls round us.

 
     From My Window
The black inky sea
With golden path extending

Shoreward, calls to me

No comments:

Post a Comment