Thursday 30 July 2015

Skullduggery afoot in OU forums?

Skullduggery - yes, skullduggery - was attempted today by a less than affective woman trying to infiltrate an Open University forum that I am a moderator on. You heard it here first folks.

What a cheeky monkey!

I'd noticed her request for membership to the closed group some weeks back and written to ask her about her previous courses etc. as I couldn't find any thing appertaining to an OU affiliation on her Facebook page. Today, at last she got in touch and after some digging it transpired that she was in fact offering to write essays for students and wanted to join for marketing purposes. Now, I'm all for enterprise but not for cheats and charlatans and her request was denied and I put a block on her lest anyone else try to sneak her in by some dark and mysterious backdoor method. The funny part about it was that not only was her grasp of English grammar rudimentary to the point of being childlike but that she seemed to be unacquainted with punctuation. I'm no genius in either capacity but I think the business lady was using English as a second language and might perhaps have struggled to compose a GCSE exam paper let alone a university one.

Cor, the cheek of some people!

That aside, the morning has gone well as yesterday I had a delivery of some laverbread - a Welsh 'delicacy' - and this morning I duly made myself a mug of coffee and some laverbread patties for breakfast.... fantastic! If you don't know what laverbread is then imagine you're at the seaside in Wales. Walk along the beach and feel the sand between your toes while the gulls wheel overhead. Then bend down and look at the rough seaweed that is tickling your feet and there my friend you have the raw material of laverbread. It takes a lot of preparation to make it in to the green/black slime that I would then mix with oat meal to make the patties - yes, I can imagine you wincing at the thought - but think of sushi and all those other delights and that is what laverbread is. It was a fab way to start the day and healthy too.

If you still want to know about laverbread why not check out this:
http://wiltshiredancegroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/WelshKitchen.aspx

Now I'm writing to you and preparing for a day of creativity before heading off to teach belly dance to my lovely ladies this evening. I'm sure that I'll have more to add to this posting but in the mean time I thought I'd share this image (since we've been talking about the sea) that shows where I'd rather be writing from.... oh well, we can all dream can't we? I'll be back there in September but till then the dreams will have to suffice.

-----------------------------------------
Okay, yes, there's more to add.
I have just invented a new phrase 'rockets for back pockets' and it replaces my mothers worst comment about laziness 'rocket up your arse' which always seemed waaaaay too rude coming out of her mouth but as she used to tell me 'you're enough to make a saint swear'. This actually contradicts her one and only compliment about me in my ***** years of life 'you were a good girl and never gave me a moment of worry'. Mothers! Who'd have 'em? Well, all of us in one shape or another or else we wouldn't be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment