Wednesday 15 July 2015

Its a small world isn't it? This seems to be one of those themes of the day I think.

Today is one where I think I should have been doing more... but then I think about all the 'stuff' that I have done and realise that its creative stuff and that sometimes that doesn't show up in the great scheme of things.

I started the day with FutureLearn's Literature of the English Country House and as I'm an old hand at these courses I joined in with the discussions and guess what, a reply appeared from someone I'd met through the Open University and who was taking the same course now she's no long an OU student. She recognised my name and posted a 'hello' which was fab.

Poetry has flowed out and is what I blame for not having carried on stripping the door - nearly finished now and WILL be continued - am currently cooking a mass of packed lunches for a house full of munchers.

My inspiration today came from putting on a cardigan to keep warm in bed while I studied. This reminded me of my grandmother who gave me a bed jacket and if you don't know what one of those is then its either a little bed worn cardigan or cape thing that ends at the coverlets and was very popular for ladies-wot-lunch in the years before they were even thought of. She also denoted some spinnaka-knickers which weren't well received by me but I did my best to hide it. I remember having great fun fitting myself AND a male partner into them at one point but I did manage to create a suitably gracious 'thank you' face while she was present. So these items came up in my poetry. Now I'm feeling all nostalgic and a little dreamy about my Nan and her very complex but seemingly simple character. I cheered myself up with some ice-cream and writing this so at least one of those activities is good for me.
;-)

    
 Degrees of familiarity
Oh hi, let me introduce you to
My new friends
Ben and Jerry.
We met in the freezer isle 
At Aldi,
Oh I see by your face
You’re already acquainted
The whole family?
My goodness!
What a small world it is
And confirms the theory of

Six degrees of separation.

No comments:

Post a Comment